STEALTH MOBILE CO. is a Los Angeles, California based mobile app company founded by two U.S. entrepreneurs who have built and sold numerous internet technology companies.
On behalf of STEALTH MOBILE CO., TechTeamLabs is looking for a PYTHON ENGINEER (PLATFORM) with experience building APIs and a proven track record of delivering quality code on time. You will be working alongside an experienced technology team on server-side solutions for an iOS app that is already getting serious early attention. You will interact with other engineers locally and various team members in Los Angeles, including Design/Engineering/Management. This position is full-time in our Kyiv office.
We care more about having smart, creative, effective developers who ship code than having an exact match for the requirements.
- Build complex applications with simple solutions, primarily using Python
- Design, architect and implement large-scale APIs
- Build infrastructure on top of AWS services: EC2, Beanstalk
- Work with other developers on implementation of functionality
- Work with other developers to build backend environments to monitor applications in production
- Daily communication with management, product, design team and software developers
- Ship code on time and solve problems on your own (without always needing to consult with USA team)
- Rapidly fix bugs and solve problems
- Ability to earn Stock Options
- Competitive Salaries
- Apple equipment
- Possibility to start the next Snapchat / Instagram
- Direct communication with famous entrepreneurs
- Paid time off
- Company sponsored tech talks and happy hours
- Much more...
- BS or MS degree Computer Science or related field, or equivalent job experience
- 3+ years experience as a Software Engineer creating high-performance and reliable software
- Extensive experience with Python (bonus for knowing Objective-C or SWIFT).
- Excellent REST and API design principles using Python frameworks (ideally Flask)
- Vast experience working building APIs for mobile
- Experience in managing data using DynamoDB (or similar NoSQL databases)
- Experience with automated testing procedures
- Experience with Git or similar
- Start and complete projects with minimal guidance Obsessive attention to detail
- Comfortable working with fast moving, high-pressure and large-scale consumer facing mobile products
- Excellent spoken and written English skills, including technical writing skills in English
- Passion for mobile products that change the world
About Stealth Mobile Co.
The “Stealth Mobile Co.” is comprised of some of the finest product and engineering talent in the global technology industry. The company is principally located in Hollywood, CA and is focused on the intersection of mobile and social technologies (specifically focusing on video and people discovery).
“Stealth Mobile Co.” is looking for passionate, dedicated and focused software engineers that want to work with some of the most talented folks in the consumer Internet. It is imperative these software engineers ship code on time, are self-starters and can handle difficult technical challenges. Given there will be great distance between teams, it is imperative the new team members must be excellent communicators as well as extremely disciplined at shipping code.
The founders of “Stealth Mobile Co.” are seasoned and extremely well respected founders/executives. Brian and Dan’s previous company was Newroo (machine learning based news aggregator) which was acquired by News Corp. At News Corp Brian and Dan each ran material pieces of the Fox Interactive/MySpace business respectively (MySpace News and FOX Advertising Network) and reported directly to now-Twitter-President Adam Bain. Brian and Dan also founded Ad.ly (along with now Tinder founder Sean Rad) which at one time was the Internet’s largest celebrity endorsement marketplace. Ad.ly was acquired by Nestivity.
Brian specializes in mobile product development and mobile product management while Dan is an expert in scaling large distributed networks and machine learning. Dan is widely considered one of the top pure technologists in the world and was admitted to Brown University after spending years as a researcher at NIH while in high school. Brian and Dan are also both active angel investors having written the first check for Angel.co among many others. Brian and Dan reside in Los Angeles and are generally considered really nice guys.
Co-Founder and Product Development Lead
Brian Norgard graduated from honors from Brown University. While in college Brian was award the prestigious NCIIA grant given to the top 10 most gifted college innovators in America. Brian specializes in mobile product development, mobile product management and viral growth. Brian was the youngest VP in News Corp history (25) after his first company was acquired by News Corp. Newroo was the first machine learning based news aggregator.
At News Brian ran MySpace News and was critical in helping FOX Audience Network become the 4th largest advertising network, serving hundreds of millions of users and billions of impressions each month. Post MySpace Brian founded Chill which quickly grew to over 25MM users and was once the largest video discovery site on the Internet. Chill was was funded by Kleiner Perkins, Lowercase, Redpoint, Atlas, BSKYB and Stanford University.
Brian is an avid angel investor and student of product trends. Affable, down-to-earth and studious, Brian lives with his wife and young daughter in Hollywood.
Co-Founder and Chief Technology Officer
Dan Gould founded Tappy with Brian Norgard. Dan is a recognized export at social software, machine learning, and large-scale systems. Dan studied Math & Computer Science at Brown University with a focus on HCI, computer graphics, and machine learning; he was a Researcher in the Computer Graphics Research group and was a TA for various courses in Software Engineering and dropping out senior year to start his first startup company.
Dan was a researcher at NIH (NIDDK/LCBB), publishing papers using high-speed computer-based imaging systems; was an engineer at Tazz Networks developing high-speed Internet service routing systems; and was a consulting at Cyberkinetics working on the first Brian-Computer Interface to be implanted in a human brain.
Dan co-founded Newroo with Brian Norgard. Newroo developed technology for doing large-scale spender and text analytics on the internet and for large-scale personalization. When newroo was acquired by News Corp, he was VP of Technology at Fox. Within Fox, he helped create the Fox Audience Network which their team built to the 4th-largest ad network on the Internet by the time he left, handling over 4 Trillion ad impressions per year. Their team pioneered and invented many of the big-data architectures later used by many companies handling massive scale.
Dan has won several computer science and engineering awards, including ones from the National Center for Supercomputing Applications and from NASA and NIST. He is also and active angel investor and technology advisor to several companies. He regularly gives talks on a variety of topics; most recently on building scalable mobile apps using Cassandra, Kafka, and Storm at the LA Big Data Group.