Rubicon Project is a global technology company whose mission is to automate the buying and selling of advertising. Through relentless efforts in innovation, Rubicon Project has engineered one of the largest real-time cloud and Big Data computing systems, processing trillions of transactions within milliseconds each month. Rubicon Project is a publicly traded company (NYSE: RUBI) headquartered in Los Angeles, California, with over 700 team members in 10 offices worldwide.
On behalf of Rubicon Project, TechTeamLabs is looking for a SENIOR “BIG DATA” SOFTWARE, HADOOP / JAVA, with extensive engineering experience in building high-performance, high-scale backend systems to take on trillions of transactions. You will be leading a team in Kiev to work on the high-performance real-time bidding / ad server platform primarily using Hadoop / Java. This is a unique opportunity to work on an enormously complex system, managing trillions of transactions and terabytes of data per month, to build mission-critical systems at scale.
You will interact with other engineers locally and various team members in Los Angeles, including Product and Executives. This full-time position is available from our Kyiv office with the possibility for travel to Los Angeles.
AS AN INCREDIBLY TALENTED ENGINEER
- Big Data. Design, architect and deploy multi-terabyte data processing framework to manage trillions of transactions, primarily using Hadoop / Pig / HBase / Greenplum / Java.
- APIs. Design and deploy elegant APIs for scalability and concurrency.
- DevOps. Work with team to develop repeatable, automated processes for building, testing, documenting and deploying applications at scale.
- Test Driven Development (TDD). Write unit tests, develop automation frameworks and conduct necessary test passes before each release.
- Benchmark. Develop benchmarking standards and constantly optimize performance.
- Collaborate. Work collaboratively with multiple teams to deliver quality software.
- Finish. Ship code on time and solve problems without needing to consult with U.S. team.
- Big Data. 7+ years of overall software development experience, with 3+ years building and operating enterprise-grade “Big Data”
- Java. Expert in production-quality backend coding in Java (4+ years experience)
- Hadoop. Strong ability to manage big data using Hadoop (experience with at least one of Spark, Kafka, Storm, Druid or NoSQL is a plus)
- SQL. Expertise programming in SQL queries and stored procedures (MySQL is a plus)
- Cloud. Experience developing to AWS or similar
- Technical Design. Strong understanding of algorithms, data structures, REST API design and software design
- Automated Testing. Experience in automated testing for continuous delivery.
- Continuous Integration. Experience with continuous integration tools like Maven, Bamboo, Jenkins, Crucible, etc.
- Linux. Experience working in a Linux environment.
- HTTP. Experience with the HTTP protocol including headers.
- Detail Oriented. Obsessive attention to detail and natural ability for benchmarking and optimization.
- Communication. Excellent communication in advanced English with minimal accent
- Education. At least a BS degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Experience in building backend systems for an internet startup ad technology company
- Experience with computationally intensive systems, complicated math algorithms or software with complex logic.
- Interest in machine learning, data mining and analytics
- Prior startup experience is fantastic, but not required. Just be scrappy, work fast & communicate well
- Competitive Salaries
- Apple equipment or any hardware/software you need
- Great amenities within a great building, and creative work environment
- Possibility for extended periods of travel to Los Angeles
- Much more…
Powering the only independent marketplace to automate the entire advertising ecosystem across all inventory types, ad units and channels.
Find out more at RubiconProject.com.
About TECH TEAM LABS
TechTeamLabs is a Santa Monica based company specializing in building and servicing incredibly talented R&D teams located in Eastern Europe for some of the world's most innovative internet companies.
Founded in 2013, we use our expertise in building dedicated offshore R&D teams to help fast-growth U.S. companies get more out of their existing in-house development teams, drive innovation and scale effectively.
Unlike traditional project outsourcing, we help our clients build their own dedicated development teams working from our state-of-the-art development center in Kyiv, Ukraine. TechTeamLabs is recognized for its highly selective recruitment process and exclusive client list, which includes only rapidly growing companies that are venture-funded or profitable.
Currently, we focus on connecting software engineers and data scientists located in Kyiv, Ukraine to venture-funded startups and vetted companies located in Los Angeles and San Francisco.
Our executive team has over 15 years experience recruiting and servicing R&D teams in Ukraine for U.S. technology companies and was part of the largest acquisition in Ukrainian technology history by Google in 2012.
TechTeamLabs is a rapidly growing international company with our global headquarters in Santa Monica, California and development center in Kyiv, Ukraine