ARToolkit is the world's most widely used tracking library for augmented reality. As an open source project, ARToolkit is supported by DAQRI, the leading augmented reality/4D company focused on transforming the Future of Work. DAQRI has raised over $100 million in venture capital and has 200+ full-time employees (60% engineers) solving the world's most challenging problems. DAQRI is headquartered in Los Angeles with an R&D facility in Silicon Valley and development center in Dublin, Ireland.
On behalf of DAQRI, TechTeamLabs is looking for a TEAM LEAD AND SENIOR C++ SDK SOFTWARE ENGINEER with extensive experience in C++, a strong mathematics background, and a passion for computer vision technology.
You will be responsible for establishing the technological vision across our team, enhancing DevOps and streamlining product development and QA processes to empower team innovation across our SDK development. Ideally, you are a highly experienced technology leader with a proven track record of managing technology teams across a variety of languages. As team leader, you will help build and manage a team of incredibly talented engineers to lead DAQRI open source SDK development to integrate exceptional augmented reality experience in mobile applications.
The ideal candidate has worked with sophisticated/demanding product owners, and has a clear sense of how to manage expectations and inspire confidence. You thrive on new challenges, demonstrate excellent judgment in prioritizing tasks and are a multi-tasker who passionately wants to contribute to all levels of both product development and process improvements.
This is a truly unique opportunity to work on cutting-edge augmented reality technologies and wearables (like the DAQRI SmartHelmet). You will work in a fun environment with some of the best engineers in Silicon Valley. You will also gain invaluable experience from being a developer evangelist creating the open source foundation for augmented reality applications of the future.
You will interact with other engineers locally and various team members in Sunnyvale, including Research and Engineering. This full-time position is available from our Kyiv office with the possibility for travel to Los Angeles, Silicon Valley and Dublin.
AS AN INCREDIBLY AMBITIOUS LEADER
- Grow and lead a team to deliver an open source SDK that enables developers to create exceptional augmented reality experience in mobile and desktop apps
- Recruit and manage our technology team with incredibly talented engineers that support the company’s culture, mission and values
- Own the entire product development process from collaboration on specifications, writing technical documentation, estimation, assigning tasks, writing production code, QA and release
- Serve as the central point of contact and ensure daily face-to-face communication between Kyiv team and U.S. team, adjusting for time change, as meetings with the U.S. team will be at end of day in Kyiv
- Deliver on time. Manage expectations. Avoid escalations
AS AN INCREDIBLY TALENTED ENGINEER
- Integrate core research algorithms from Vision & Sensor team into production SDKs using C++
- Design, build and maintain native C++ code base, add wrappers and plugins for SDKs to Android, Linux, Unity and Objective-C.
- Develop build process, automation infrastructure and conduct necessary test passes before each SDK release
- Develop benchmarking standards to compare performance versus competitors
- Optimize performance for the recognition and computational performance of the engine to align with the requirements of production deployments
- Create sample applications showcasing the augmented reality experiences enabled by the AR Toolkit SDK
- Architect, design and implement features that ensure a great developer community experience
- Ship code on time and solve problems without needing to consult with U.S. team
- Expert experience in C++11 and STL library
- Proven leadership in management/strategy of high-performance engineering teams
- Strong understanding of algorithms, data structures, and software design
- Expert experience in build process and automated testing
- Obsessive attention to detail and natural ability for benchmarking and optimization.
- Experience with image/signal processing or pattern recognition
- Excited to contribute to open source work, work with existing code-base and improve code written by somebody else
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills in advanced English
- At least a BS degree in Computer Science or related field; Masters or PhD is preferred
- Experience in Linux kernel and embedded linux
- Experience in Unity 3D development and/or Android SDK, NDK, JNI and debugging for Android
- Involvement in projects using 3D computer vision (OpenCV) and 3D graphics (OpenGL, WebGL)
- Experience with computationally intensive systems, complicated math algorithms or software with complex logic.
- Contributions to open source software or developer-facing software
- Prior startup experience is fantastic, but not required. Just be scrappy, work fast & communicate well
- Competitive Salaries
- Apple equipment or any hardware/software you need
- A passionate team creating the open source foundation for Augmented Reality
- Great amenities within a great building, and creative work environment
- Possibility for extended periods of travel to Silicon Valley or Dublin
- Much more…
DAQRI IS CREATING THE FUTURE OF AUGMENTED REALITY
About TECH TEAM LABS
TechTeamLabs is a Santa Monica based company specializing in building and servicing incredibly talented R&D teams located in Eastern Europe for some of the world's most innovative internet companies.
Founded in 2013, we use our expertise in building dedicated offshore R&D teams to help fast-growth U.S. companies get more out of their existing in-house development teams, drive innovation and scale effectively.
Unlike traditional project outsourcing, we help our clients build their own dedicated development teams working from our state-of-the-art development center in Kyiv, Ukraine. TechTeamLabs is recognized for its highly selective recruitment process and exclusive client list, which includes only rapidly growing companies that are venture-funded or profitable.
Currently, we focus on connecting software engineers and data scientists located in Kyiv, Ukraine to venture-funded startups and vetted companies located in Los Angeles and San Francisco.
Our executive team has over 15 years experience recruiting and servicing R&D teams in Ukraine for U.S. technology companies and was part of the largest acquisition in Ukrainian technology history by Google in 2012.
TechTeamLabs is a rapidly growing international company with our global headquarters in Santa Monica, California and development center in Kyiv, Ukraine