Simply is a first of its kind smart home installation and monitoring service that empowers the average consumer to turn any home into a smart home. Based in Los Angeles, Simply has raised venture capital from Anthem Venture Partners and is led by Jason Mitura, former CEO of Viewdle, a Ukrainian based facial recognition technology company that was acquired by Google in 2012 and the largest technology exit in Ukraine's startup history.
This is a unique opportunity to work on cutting-edge home automation technologies - and to work directly with a U.S. CEO whose previous Ukraine-based company was acquired by Google.
You will interact with other engineers locally and various team members in Los Angeles, including Product and Executives. As the team grows, so will your responsibilities. This full-time position is available from our Kyiv office with the possibility for travel to Los Angeles.
AS AN INCREDIBLY TALENTED ENGINEER
- Work on a team responsible for all aspects of backend and frontend web development
- Design and deploy a robust and user-friendly frontend
- Deliver efficient, scalable frontend and backend code
- Work with device teams and other web engineers to conceive and develop new features
- Develop repeatable, automated processes for building, testing, documenting and deploying applications at scale
- Develop benchmarking standards and constantly optimize performance
- Solve problems without needing to consult U.S. team
- Adjust for time change, as daily meetings with the U.S. team will be at end of day Kyiv
- Strong ability to deliver web apps in MV* frameworks such as Angular 2 and Rx.js
- Strong experience in REST and API design principles
- Strong ability to manage data in SQL and NoSQL databases
- Experience with a web server (NGINX, Apache)
- Experience deploying to AWS or similar
- Experience with Bootstrap, SASS, LESS, ES6, TypeScript
- Experience with any Continuous Integration tools
- Experience developing automated testing processes for continuous delivery
- Obsessive attention to detail and natural ability for optimization
- Comfortable working with fast-moving, high-pressure and venture-funded U.S. startup
- Excellent communication in advanced English
- Experience in developing web applications in Python, NodeJS, Golang or similar
- Experience transmitting data to/from hardware devices via Web APIs
- Familiarity with unit testing (Karma)
- Passion for and involvement with the "Internet of Things" to change the way we live our lives
- Prior startup experience is fantastic, but not required. Just be scrappy, work fast & communicate well
- Competitive Salaries
- Apple equipment or any hardware/software you need
- Great amenities within a great building, and creative work environment
- Possibility for extended periods of travel to Los Angeles
- Much more…
SIMPLY IS CREATING THE ZERO HASSLE, NEVER WORRY SMART HOME
Simply is a startup founded and led by previously successful technology team based in Los Angeles. The company is principally located in Santa Monica, California and venture-funded by notable Loss Angeles venture capital group.
Founder Jason Mitura is a seasoned and extremely well respected internet technology founder, startup executive and tech investor. Jason previously served as CEO of Viewdle, a Ukrainian based facial recognition technology company that was acquired by Google. Since the acquisition, Jason has served as the Entrepreneur in Residence at Anthem Venture Partners, the leading early stage venture capital fund in Los Angeles, California. Previously, Anthem Venture Partners led financing rounds for Viewdle, Inc.
FOUNDER AND CEO
CHIEF PRODUCT OFFICER
CHIEF TECHNOLOGY OFFICER
Sold Last Company to Google
20+ years IoT experience
Serial Entrepreneur and Formerly Sr. Exec at Yahoo, Sold Phoenix Technolgoies
About TECH TEAM LABS
TechTeamLabs is a Santa Monica based company specializing in building and servicing incredibly talented R&D teams located in Eastern Europe for some of the world's most innovative internet companies.
Founded in 2013, we use our expertise in building dedicated offshore R&D teams to help fast-growth U.S. companies get more out of their existing in-house development teams, drive innovation and scale effectively.
Unlike traditional project outsourcing, we help our clients build their own dedicated development teams working from our state-of-the-art development center in Kyiv, Ukraine. TechTeamLabs is recognized for its highly selective recruitment process and exclusive client list, which includes only rapidly growing companies that are venture-funded or profitable.
Currently, we focus on connecting software engineers and data scientists located in Kyiv, Ukraine to venture-funded startups and vetted companies located in Los Angeles and San Francisco.
Our executive team has over 15 years experience recruiting and servicing R&D teams in Ukraine for U.S. technology companies and was part of the largest acquisition in Ukrainian technology history by Google in 2012.
TechTeamLabs is a rapidly growing international company with our global headquarters in Santa Monica, California and development center in Kyiv, Ukraine