MATCH MOBILE is a Los Angeles, California based mobile app company with millions of daily active users that is growing rapidly.
On behalf of MATCH MOBILE, TechTeamLabs is looking for a talented and product aware SENIOR ANDROID ENGINEER (PRODUCT) who is a thoughtful, responsible and passionate builder with an appreciation for awesome user experience. You are not only well-versed in Android mobile development, but you also have a strong understanding of great UX and can drive product development. You will be working alongside an experienced technology team to build the next generation Android app. You will interact with other engineers locally and various team members in Los Angeles, including Design / Engineering / Management.
We care more about having smart, creative, effective developers who ship code than having an exact match for the requirements.
This position is full-time in our Kyiv office, with the possibility for extended period of travel to our office in Los Angeles.
- Develop new features and fix bugs to create excellent UX and UI for an Android app
- Work closely with Backend Engineers to deploy exciting new features
- Work with graphics team to design and wireframe modern interfaces
- Work with QA to ensure compatibility with all Android devices
- Daily face-to-face communication with U.S. product management and software developers (so plan for time differences)
- Ship code on time and solve problems on your own (without always needing to consult with USA team)
- Open to travel to Los Angeles
- Competitive salary plus ability to earn Stock Options
- A brilliant team working on an array of new mobile ventures that you have the opportunity to create and shape
- Fast pace and excitement of a venture-backed startup with the resources of a large company
- Apple equipment
- Direct communication with famous entrepreneurs
- Paid time off
- Much more...
- BS or MS degree Computer Science or related field, or equivalent job experience
- 2+ years experience developing high performance and reliable Android mobile consumer facing apps
- Expert level experience with the Android SDK
- Experience with RESTful API’s and asynchronous web services
- Experience with Android animations
- Personal projects that show an aptitude for engineering and product sense
- Know the difference between good and great UX/UI design - be prepared to show examples
- Experience with agile methodologies
- Strong object-oriented and architectural skills
- Experience with Git
- Very strong or expert in Java
- Excellent communication and collaborative skills
- Excellent spoken and written English skills, including technical writing skills in English
- Worked on apps used by millions of people
- Prior startup experience is fantastic (but not necessary); being scrappy will help you hit the ground running.
- Experience with QMTT and/or socket based web connections on mobile
- Experience with Google Glass or Galaxy Gear
About MATCH Mobile
MatchMobile is a super secret startup comprised of some of the finest product and engineering talent in global technology. The company is principally located in Los Angeles, CA and is focused on the intersection of mobile and discovery.
MatchMobile operates mobile apps for iOS and Android with millions of daily active users and billions of requests per day. This is one of the most fast-paced and exciting startup opportunities, with real data engineers would dream to play with.
More information will be provided about this company during your second in-person interview.