MATCH MOBILE is a Los Angeles, California based mobile app company with millions of daily active users that is growing rapidly.
On behalf of MATCH MOBILE, TechTeamLabs is looking for a talented, analytical and self-motivated SENIOR ANDROID SECURITY SOFTWARE ENGINEER to ensure that our software and services are designed and implemented to the highest security standards. You have a broad experience developing and optimizing security solutions for complex code bases at scale. You will be working alongside an experienced technology team to build the next generation of the Match Mobile Android app. You will perform security audits, risk analysis, application-level vulnerability testing and security code-reviews for our Android app. You will also work closely with other Software Engineers to enhance our security position. Top candidates will be recognized experts in discovering subtle security issues that appear under expected threat scenarios. You will interact with other engineers locally and various team members in Los Angeles, including Design / Engineering / Management.
This position is full-time in our Kyiv office, with the possibility for extended period of travel to our office in Los Angeles.
Why is Android Security Engineering important at Match Mobile?
Every day, millions of users around the world trust Match Mobile with their personal data. Not only must we keep this information safe, but we must also meet specific industry and regulatory standards. On top of this, we have an incredibly ambitious product roadmap over the next year, so maintaining application security, while also considering UX and Performance, is a key challenge for our team.
- Contribute best-in-class programming skills to develop highly innovative, consumer-facing mobile products
- Own all security-related results for one of the most popular Android applications in the world
- Create security protocols and perform security code audits and design reviews
- Work across functions to ensure the security of the entire production ecosystem
- Develop technical solutions to help mitigate security vulnerabilities
- Conduct research to identify new attack vectors against Android and services for Android
- Train engineers and evangelize security and secure coding practices
- Ship code on time and solve problems on your own (without always needing to consult with USA team)
- Open to travel to Los Angeles
- Competitive salary plus ability to earn Stock Options
- A brilliant team working on an array of new mobile ventures that you have the opportunity to create and shape
- Fast pace and excitement of a venture-backed startup with the resources of a large company
- Apple equipment
- Direct communication with famous entrepreneurs
- Paid time off
- Much more...
- B.S. or M.S. Computer Science or relevant work experience
- 4+ years of relevant work experience including experience in network security or application-level vulnerability testing and code-level security, especially with Java or NodeJS
- Expert level coding abilities and experience in web application security and software development with Java and Android SDK
- Strong foundation and in-depth technical knowledge of security engineering, computer and network security, application security, authentication and security protocols and applied cryptography, vulnerability research and reverse engineering
- Experience designing, building and deploying security solutions for complex code bases at scale
- Experience with RESTful API design techniques
- Experience with Git
- Excellent communication and collaborative skills
- Excellent spoken and written English skills, including technical writing skills in English
- Membership in a community of security professionals
- Attendee and speaker at security conferences
- Worked on apps used by millions of people
- Prior startup experience is fantastic (but not necessary); being scrappy will help you hit the ground running.
- Experience with Google Glass or Galaxy Gear
About MATCH Mobile
MatchMobile is a super secret startup comprised of some of the finest product and engineering talent in global technology. The company is principally located in Los Angeles, CA and is focused on the intersection of mobile and discovery.
MatchMobile operates mobile apps for iOS and Android with millions of daily active users and billions of requests per day. This is one of the most fast-paced and exciting startup opportunities, with real data engineers would dream to play with.
More information will be provided about this company during your second in-person interview.