Slate Studio is a product design and development consultancy based in Los Angeles, California and Kyiv, Ukraine. Founded in 2009, our team of 25+ people are mostly designers, developers and product managers, and includes successful US entrepreneurs. Slate Studio is not like typical outsource companies - we are a remote team of very senior people that specializes in crafting beautiful, scalable, multi-platform products for the world’s largest technology and media companies.
In this role, you will
- Lead a 3-5 person distributed team of developers and QA engineers to create solutions and solve complex technical challenges
- Design and implement application architecture in conjunction with the Head of Engineering and other engineering leads
- Work with product managers, designers, and clients to understand business requirements, identify solutions, and determine feasibility & timelines
- Hands-on engineering implementation of all team projects
- Regularly communicate with all stakeholders on project and team status
- Enforce best practices within your team for all aspects of the software development lifecycle, including process & conventions
- Support and develop team engineers by providing advice and mentoring
What we value
- 7+ years experience developing large scale, highly available web-based applications and services for consumer websites and mobile apps
- Microservices architecture using Node.js
- MongoDB, Redis, RabbitMQ
- Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Work with OpenAPI specification / Swagger
- Writing unit tests, integration tests, Test Driven Development, and Continuous Integration/Delivery processes
- Deep understanding of distributed systems, data stores, data modeling, indexing and associated trade-offs
- Knowledge of user authentication and authorization between multiple systems, servers, and environments
- Understanding of server-side templating languages and frontend technologies (JS, HTML5, and CSS3)
- Understanding of the differences between multiple delivery platforms, such as mobile vs desktop, and optimizing output to match the specific platform
- Understanding of code-versioning tools (Git)
- Working with a distributed team across multiple time zones
- Excellent communication in written and spoken English (we speak English every single day)
What we also like
- Linux containerization (Docker / Rancher)
- Building iOS (Objective C, Swift) and/or Android (Java or Kotlin) mobile apps
- SQL, MySQL, Postgres
- C / C++ / Python / Ruby
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science or related field
- Work for a US company
- Senior team
- Remote work
- No bureaucracy
- Complex technologies + challenging tasks
- Flexible time with vacations, sick days, and paid holidays
- Business trips and visa support to Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia and Los Angeles, USA
ABOUT TECH TEAM LABS
TTL is not a “typical outsource company.” We provide next-level talent experiences to align people across the globe with opportunities to fulfill minds, fuel economies, and enrich society through the future of work.
We develop incredibly good strategy, recruitment, management, and training to deliver transformational scale for organizations by ensuring talented people are rewarded with jobs they love.
TTL is led by U.S. entrepreneur Dane McLeod and a few incredible people who helped Ukrainian startup Viewdle sell to Google and opened Ring Ukraine.
We look for individuals who are focused, intelligent, and desire both a career and a lifestyle – not an ordinary job. At TTL, you collaborate with executives who serve as coaches and guides to your success.
We work with people and organizations who want to inspire innovation and change the world with us. Like us, our candidates and customers embrace the future of work and have a deep, driving desire to demand better work experiences for people.
TTL is headquartered in Santa Monica, California with operations in Europe and Asia.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.