Slate Studio is a product design and development consultancy based in Los Angeles, California and Kyiv, Ukraine. Founded in 2009, our team of 25+ people are mostly designers, developers and product managers, and includes successful US entrepreneurs. Slate Studio is not like typical outsource companies - we are a remote team of very senior people that specializes in crafting beautiful, scalable, multi-platform products for the world’s largest technology and media companies.
On behalf of Slate Studio, TTL
is looking for a SENIOR MANUAL QA ENGINEER
to join a senior team in the development of several recently funded projects. You will be responsible to create and maintain a suite of manual tests across our products. You will work with our web and mobile engineers to ensure quality control of our web and mobile applications and integration with "internet of things" devices and backend services.
In this role, you will
- Review requirements, specifications, and design documents
- Create test cases, checklists and other types of test documentation
- Estimate the required testing time
- Perform functional and regression tests on mobile/web clients and backend services
- Prepare test summary reports
- Collaborate with, and provide status updates to, developers and product leads
What we value
- 3+ years of experience as a QA engineer
- Hands-on experience with testing mobile applications, web applications, and REST APIs
- Strong knowledge and practical experience with client-server architecture
- Experience with Crashlytics or similar services
- Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools and processes
- Hands-on experience with both white box and black box testing
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process
- Practical experience with bug tracking systems (Jira)
- Comfortable with Git
- Highly detail-oriented
- Experience working with a distributed team across multiple time zones
- Excellent communication in written and spoken English (we speak English every single day)
Will be a plus
- Experience in automated testing for web/mobile applications
- Experience with performance and/or security testing
- Working knowledge of Linux and containerization technology (Docker, Rancher)
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science or related field
- Work for a US company
- Senior team
- Remote work
- No bureaucracy
- Complex technologies + challenging tasks
- Flexible time with vacations, sick days, and paid holidays
- Business trips and visa support to Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia and Los Angeles, USA
ABOUT TECH TEAM LABS
TTL is not a “typical outsource company.” We provide next-level talent experiences to align people across the globe with opportunities to fulfill minds, fuel economies, and enrich society through the future of work.
We develop incredibly good strategy, recruitment, management, and training to deliver transformational scale for organizations by ensuring talented people are rewarded with jobs they love.
TTL is led by U.S. entrepreneur Dane McLeod and a few incredible people who helped Ukrainian startup Viewdle sell to Google and opened Ring Ukraine.
We look for individuals who are focused, intelligent, and desire both a career and a lifestyle – not an ordinary job. At TTL, you collaborate with executives who serve as coaches and guides to your success.
We work with people and organizations who want to inspire innovation and change the world with us. Like us, our candidates and customers embrace the future of work and have a deep, driving desire to demand better work experiences for people.
TTL is headquartered in Santa Monica, California with operations in Europe and Asia.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.