Slate Studio is a product design and development consultancy based in Los Angeles, California and Kyiv, Ukraine. Founded in 2009, our team of 25+ people are mostly designers, developers and product managers, and includes successful US entrepreneurs. Slate Studio is not like typical outsource companies - we are a remote team of very senior people that specializes in crafting beautiful, scalable, multi-platform products for the world’s largest technology and media companies.
On behalf of Slate Studio, TTL
is looking for a SENIOR BACKEND WEB ENGINEER
to join a senior team to develop several recently funded next-generation products. Your primary focus will be to build server-side logic to ensure high performance and responsiveness to requests, and communication with web and mobile applications and their integration with “internet of things” devices and backend services.
In this role, you will
- Work with distributed team of 3-5 people to build solutions and solve complex technical challenges
- Implement application architecture in conjunction with the engineering leads.
- Work with product managers and engineering leads to understand business requirements, identify solutions, and determine feasibility & timelines
- Build & deploy various “microservices” and APIs as well as develop applications that depend upon them
- Regularly communicate with engineering leads on project and delivery status
- Enforce best practices for all aspects of the software development lifecycle
What we value
- 5+ years developing large scale, highly available web applications and services for web and mobile
- Microservices architecture
- CouchDB, MongoDB
- Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- OpenAPI / Swagger
- Unit tests, integration tests, Test Driven Development, and CI/CD
- Distributed systems, data stores, data modeling, indexing and associated trade-offs
- User authentication and authorization between multiple systems, servers, and environments
- Optimization between delivery platforms (mobile vs desktop)
- Code-versioning tools (Git)
- Distributed team across multiple time zones
- Excellent communication in written and spoken English (we speak English every day)
What we like (bonus)
- Linux containerization (Docker / Rancher)
- SQL, MySQL, Postgres
- C / C++ / Python
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science or related field
- Work for a US company led by successful American technology execs
- Senior team
- Remote work
- No bureaucracy
- Complex technologies + challenging tasks
- Flexible time with vacations, sick days, and paid holidays
- Business trips and visa support to Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia and Los Angeles, USA
ABOUT TECH TEAM LABS
TTL is not a “typical outsource company.” We provide next-level talent experiences to align people across the globe with opportunities to fulfill minds, fuel economies, and enrich society through the future of work.
We develop incredibly good strategy, recruitment, management, and training to deliver transformational scale for organizations by ensuring talented people are rewarded with jobs they love.
TTL is led by U.S. entrepreneur Dane McLeod and a few incredible people who helped Ukrainian startup Viewdle sell to Google and opened Ring Ukraine.
We look for individuals who are focused, intelligent, and desire both a career and a lifestyle – not an ordinary job. At TTL, you collaborate with executives who serve as coaches and guides to your success.
We work with people and organizations who want to inspire innovation and change the world with us. Like us, our candidates and customers embrace the future of work and have a deep, driving desire to demand better work experiences for people.
TTL is headquartered in Santa Monica, California with operations in Europe and Asia.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.